There are several advantages to the dual auger system over the single auger. With side-by-side dual augers rotating into each other, it eliminates the bridging effect that is seen with single auger systems. This makes the anti-bridging device (or agitator) unneeded; reducing the hassle to operator and making the unit much safer to enter if the inside needs any maintenance. Other benefits include much greater discharge capacity, allowing the unit to be emptied twice as fast for filling very large patches versus a single auger system. Because each auger has its own drive motor, the system has twice the torque and power to break up and deliver stiff loads. Each motor, drive shaft and auger experiences less stress because the workload is divided between the two; the components have a much longer life span.
Quality built to last through your toughest jobs.
- Each Auger is 10 feet in length.
- Flights are constructed of 1/4″ AR400 steel.
- Shafts constructed of Schedule 80 pipe.
- Supported at each end with sealed bearings.
- Dedicated drive motors for each auger.
- Forward and reverse controls.
- Eliminates the anti-bridging agitator.
- Variable speed hydraulic motors.
- Flanged bearings at ends of each shaft, driven by hydraulic motor.
More Options Than Any Other Manufacturer
- Side-discharge Auger
- Secondary Auger Motor
- Rear and Side Hopper Spoils Bin
- Heat Systems: LPG Radiant Air, Diesel Radiant Air, Electric Only with On-board 12KW Generator
- Same array of options available for DA Patcher as available for BC Patcher